Become a Member
Interested in becoming a member? Download our PDF application below.
How to join the Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club, Inc.
THE LAKELAND RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB, INC. DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY APPLICANT BASED ON RACE, GENDER, PHYSICAL HANDICAP OR RELIGION.
Our Club is always interested in welcoming new members. Because there are no range masters on our ranges on a day to day basis, we must ask prospective members to meet certain requirements.
- Our by-laws require applicants for membership to be citizens of the United States or of Allied Nations.
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older.
- Applicants must have no felony record.
- Applicants must submit a properly completed membership application along with an application fee of $100.00. This fee is refundable if the membership application is rejected.
- Applicants must then attend a board of directors meeting and introduce themselves to the board. Applicants do not need to have a sponsor but are welcome to have a club member introduce them if they desire. At this meeting, applicants will be asked to tell the board what their firearms experience is and what their shooting interests are. The board of directors meets at seven p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month at the club house at 2000 Lasso Lane, Lakeland, Florida
- Applicants will then be given a “blue card.” The “blue card” is used to record activities that the applicant must complete. These requirements are attendance at a minimum of five events required by the by laws, and a sixth requirement by the board. These requirements included participation in at least two shooting events sponsored by the club in which the prospective member actually shoots. The applicant must complete a written test of the applicant’s understanding of our club’s range safety rules and firearms familiarity and must have a guided tour of our ranges by a board designated guide.
Subscribing to the Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club, Inc. pledge is required.
I certify that I am a citizen of the United States of America, or allied nation; that I am not a member of any organization or group having as its purpose or one of its purposes the overthrow by force and violence of the Government of the United States or any of its political subdivisions; that I have never been convicted of a crime of violence; and that, if admitted to membership, I will fulfill the obligations of good sportsmanship and good citizenship.
Applicants must attend a membership meeting to be voted on by the general membership. This requirement can be waived upon a showing of genuine hardship.
New members will be expected to pay the first year’s dues, but such dues will be prorated based on the point in the club’s fiscal year when the application process is completed.
- Previous members re-applying for membership who left in good standing may have the application fee waived by the board, but such applicants will be required to undergo the rest of the application process.
- Previous members whose membership was terminated for non-payment of dues or whose membership was otherwise terminated must submit a full application fee.
- Children of members in good standing between the ages of 18 and 25 will not have to pay the ordinary application fee, but will be required to pay all costs associated with processing their applications and will be required to meet all other requirements.
- Spouses joining together need pay only one application fee, but will be responsible for all costs associated with processing their applications, and both will be required to meet all other application requirements.