Become a Member
Interested in becoming a member? Download our PDF application below.
How to join the Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club, Inc.
THE LAKELAND RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB, INC. DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY APPLICANT BASED ON RACE, GENDER, PHYSICAL HANDICAP OR RELIGION.
Our Club is always interested in welcoming new members. Because there are no range masters on our ranges on a day to day basis, we must ask prospective members to meet certain requirements.
- Our by-laws require applicants for membership to be citizens of the United States or of Allied Nations.
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older.
- Applicants must have no felony record.
- Applicants must submit a properly completed membership application along with an application fee of $100.00. This fee is refundable if the membership application is rejected.
- Applicants are interviewed by a member of the Board of Directors prior to beginning the Membership On-Boarding Process to determine their firearm experience and shooting interests. The interview insures that LRPC satisfies the applicants shooting interest needs and club membership expectations.
- Applicants working through the Membership On-Boarding Process are given a Blue Card at the conclusion of the interview to document when they complete the five elements of the process. Applicants have one year in which to complete the five training elements which consists of a Facility Orientation, Knowledge and Skill Demonstration, Firearm Safety Class, Safety Exam, and attendance in a monthly Membership Meeting to be voted in. Applicants have the option of completing all the training elements during a one day 6-hour training event or breaking up the training over two days.
Subscribing to the Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club, Inc. pledge is required.
I certify that I am a citizen of the United States of America, or allied nation; that I am not a member of any organization or group having as its purpose or one of its purposes the overthrow by force and violence of the Government of the United States or any of its political subdivisions; that I have never been convicted of a crime of violence; and that, if admitted to membership, I will fulfill the obligations of good sportsmanship and good citizenship.
Applicants must attend a membership meeting to be voted on by the general membership. This requirement can be waived upon a showing of genuine hardship.
New members will be expected to pay the first year’s dues, but such dues will be prorated based on the point in the club’s fiscal year when the application process is completed.
- Previous members re-applying for membership who left in good standing may have the application fee waived by the board, but such applicants will be required to undergo the rest of the application process.
- Previous members whose membership was terminated for non-payment of dues or whose membership was otherwise terminated must submit a full application fee.
- Children of members in good standing between the ages of 18 and 25 will not have to pay the ordinary application fee, but will be required to pay all costs associated with processing their applications and will be required to meet all other requirements.
- Spouses joining together need pay only one application fee, but will be responsible for all costs associated with processing their applications, and both will be required to meet all other application requirements.