100 Yard CMP High Power
At Lakeland Rifle and Pistol Club, we have 20 lanes for position shooting and 20 lanes for benchrest shooting. We have some of the best benches of solid concrete that provide the ultimate stability for those precision shooting matches. At LRPC, we have various rifle matches, with the two most popular being the Rimfire Benchrest and 100 Yard NRA High Power.
100 Yard NRA Approved CMP Highpower Matches
Dates: First Sunday of each month January through April and October through December for a total of seven (7) matches
Times: An M1 Garand stripping and cleaning clinic starts at 9:00am along with a briefing of the course of fire afterwards. Match starts at 10:00am
Classification: NRA classification will be used. Unclassified competitors will compete in the highest class represented. Categories at the discretion of the match director
Rules: Latest published NRA rules. Competitors will frame the targets
Equipment: As prescribed in the NRA rule book under service rifle and/or match rifle (must be able to reload in rapid fire per rule 9.220) NO SCOPES or any other optics will be used.
Challenges: $1.00 each, refunded if won. Use of plug scoring devices limited to range personnel only.
- Course of fire: 50 shots, National Match Course Modified. Match starts in position. Unlimited sighting shot in 10 minutes before match
- Course #1: 10 shots for record, slow fire standing (offhand) at 100 yards. Time limit 10 minutes, target SR-1 no slings
- Course #2: 10 shots for record, rapid fire sitting or kneeling at 100 yards. Time limit 60 second, target SR-1
- Course #3: 10 shots for records, rapid fire prone at 100 yards. Time limit 70 seconds, target SR-21
- Course #4: 20 shots for records, slow fire prone at 100 yards. Time limit 20 minutes, target MR-31
- Open bolt indicators will be used by all competitors. Match results can be sent via e-mail or checked online.
- LRPC Range rules govern all matches
The benchrest rimfire match has been designed to involve as many rimfire rifle shooters as practical. Members are encouraged to bring a guest. These matches are a 50 yard course of fire. There are three stages – 15 minute stages of 20 rounds each. The targets will be Mid-Nite and Moon-Lite League targets (four record bulls for 5-round each and one sighter bull). Match fees are $10.00 per shooter. Registration starts at 8:15 AM. Sign in is at 9:00 AM. Match starts 9:15 AM. Awards will be given for best scores at the end of the season.
Rifle Classes are defined as follows:
- Light – Any rimfire rifle with any sight weighing 8 1/2 pound or less
- Heavy – Any rimfire rifle with any sights weighing 15 pounds or less
- Open sights – Any rimfire rifle using open sights can be at any weight
Rules pertaining to light and heavy classes are as follows:
- Rimfire includes only .22 calibers. Rifles can be single shot or magazine fed
- One front shooting pedestal with a sand type fill bag. One rear support with a sand type filled bag. No return-to-battery support systems or one piece rest.
- Rifle scopes are limited to maximum 12 power setting. Spotting scopes are allowed.
- No wind flags are allowed
- Ammo limited to a wholesale cost of $10.00 per 50 rounds.
EYE AND HEARING PROTECTION IS MANDATORY FOR ALL SHOOTERS
Please contact us should you need any additional information.